Technical Superintendent (m/f/d)
at our branch office near Rotterdam
Wilhelmsen Ahrenkiel Ship Management is a technical ship management company focusing mainly on container feeder tonnage.
In 2018, the company opened a branch office near Rotterdam. In addition to our two existing fleet teams in Hamburg, we have successfully set up two fleet teams in the Netherlands to manage our vessels. Together we continually strive to supply efficient and high-quality ship management services to our customers.
As Technical Superintendent, you are responsible for the technical ship management of part of our fleet.
Your duties include:
- Planning and monitoring of maintenance, repairs and dry docking of our vessels
- Monitoring of class survey intervals as well as coordination of service providers
- Monitoring the validity of certificates
- Inspection of planned maintenance work on the ships
- Development of the Planned Maintenance System for new tonnage
- Carrying out physical inspections on own and foreign tonnage
- Budget planning and monitoring
- Pre-joining briefing of engineers
- Monitoring technical performance of the fleet
- Sailing experience as engineer (management level), alternatively you have completed your studies preferably as an engineer in marine engineering or a comparable qualification
- Experience as a technical superintendent in a ship management company
- Within the scope of your previous activities, you have already been able to demonstrate your distinct intercultural competence in dealing with a wide variety of nationalities
- Proficient knowledge of written and spoken English
- You are characterized by a good work organization and convince through your strong team spirit as well as a high degree of reliability and loyalty
- The safe handling of the programs of the MS Office package
- This position requires you to be available for emergency response, even outside normal working hours
- EU working entitlement is essential