Technical Assistant (m/f/d)
at our branch office near Rotterdam
Ahrenkiel Steamship is a technical ship management company focusing mainly on container feeder tonnage. As a company that is part of the MPC Capital Group, Ahrenkiel Steamship offers its customers commercial management via Contchart, as well as investment management and access to the financial market via the MPC Capital Group. The MPC Capital Group is an internationally focused asset and investment manager of real asset investments and expert in providing institutional investors, family offices and other professional investors with superior niche investment solutions in real estate, infrastructure and shipping markets.
In 2018, Ahrenkiel Steamship opened a branch office near Rotterdam. In addition to our two existing fleet teams in Hamburg, we have successfully set up a third fleet team to manage our vessels. Due to our continued growth, we are now opening a fourth fleet team. Together we continually strive to supply efficient and high-quality ship management services to our customers.
As part of our fleet team, your duties include:
- Administrative support of the technical department, especially in the processing of daily correspondence
- Travel planning for the superintendents as well as organizing meetings
- Data analysis and reports (technical controlling)
- Support in the ongoing improvement of the ISM system with regard to technical processes
- Collect and process technically relevant data
- Review various information from policies, ship documents, certificates, and the Planned Maintenance system
- Preparation of documents for specific technical projects (for example, editing documents, compiling and distributing materials)
- You have completed commercial training in the shipping industry
- In addition, you have professional experience in ship management, preferably as a technical assistant.
- You enjoy working independently, are well-organized and a team player
- We require very good knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Expert knowledge of MS Office is essential.
- EU working entitlement is essential