Ship Accountant (m/f/d)
at our branch office near Rotterdam
Ahrenkiel Steamship is a technical ship management company focusing mainly on container feeder tonnage. As a company that is part of the MPC Capital Group, Ahrenkiel Steamship offers its customers commercial management via Contchart, as well as investment management and access to the financial market via the MPC Capital Group. The MPC Capital Group is an internationally focused asset and investment manager of real asset investments and expert in providing institutional investors, family offices and other professional investors with superior niche investment solutions in real estate, infrastructure and shipping markets.
In 2018, Ahrenkiel Steamship opened a branch office near Rotterdam. In addition to our two existing fleet teams in Hamburg, we have successfully set up a third fleet team to manage our vessels. Due to our continued growth, we are establishing a fourth fleet team. Together we continually strive to supply efficient and high-quality ship management services to our customers.
As Ship Accountant, you are responsible for the complete bookkeeping support for part of our fleet and manage the corresponding entities independently up to the annual financial statements.
Your duties include:
Responsibility for all accounting tasks such as compilation and allocation of incoming and outgoing invoices, bank documents and other posting documents
Execution of payment transactions and dunning
Preparation of monthly and annual financial statements in accordance with IFRS (deferrals and valuations)
Maintenance of company accounts
- You have completed commercial training (e.g. as a tax specialist)
- In addition, you have several years of extensive professional experience in IT-supported accounting, ideally you have already become acquainted with the accounting of a shipping company
- You have developed and deepened your extensive specialist knowledge in accounting (e. g. advanced training to become a certified accountant)
- A high degree of personal responsibility and complete reliability
- You have a precise working style and a distinct service orientation
- You enjoy working in a team with motivated colleagues and are flexible and open to new ideas
- Fluent English and Dutch language skills are required
- You know how to use the programs of the MS Office package, especially Excel
- EU working entitlement is essential