Senior Commercial Asset Manager (m/f/d) - Renewable Energy
MPC Renewable Energies is an asset management company focusing on the financial aspects of infrastructure and energy-related investments, particularly in the field of renewable energies. Exclusive partnerships with leading industrial partners ensure proprietary access to attractive projects, know-how and experts. MPC Renewable Energies is part of MPC Capital AG, an independent real asset and investment manager specializing in Infrastructure, Real Estate and Shipping with EUR 4,3 bn assets under management. MPC Capital AG has been quoted on the stock exchange since 2000 and employs some 300 people group-wide. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute your experience in a dynamic and multinational investment team, with the ability to take on responsibility matching your experience and initiative. The position is Hamburg, Germany based.
MPC Renewable Energies GmbH is seeking to identify a highly motivated professional with a minimum five years relevant experience to be an integral member of the asset management team as a Senior Commercial Asset Manager (m/f/d).
- Responsible for managing commercial agreements and the compliance of the project companies and external service contractors with their contractual obligations.
- Organizing and implementing a business plan that meets the objectives of the project structure and contracts.
- Manage all project related forecasts, budgets, internal and external financial reporting incl. monitoring and analyzing of KPIs.
- Support investment team during due diligence and acquisition of new assets with subsequent implementation of operating strategy and on-boarding of newly acquired assets.
- Implement and execute operational and financial portfolio optimization measures such as refinancing, re-contracting or restructuring of commercial agreements.
- Manage external debt facilities, including ongoing reporting, reserve management, covenant management, condition subsequent resolution and loan compliance.
- Maintain and enhance the risk monitoring framework in place, designed to identify any issues early and resolve them in a timely fashion.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in commercial asset management in the renewable energy sector with profound techno-commercial understanding of key technologies and the energy market.
- Excellent knowledge of key commercial agreements (PPA, EPC, O&M, etc.) and related best industry practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with a concentration in business, finance, accounting. Master’s in finance or accounting or MBA preferred.
- Strong report preparation skills requiring a high fluency in financial reporting guidelines and accounting rules (IAS/IFRS).
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- You’ll need to have an entrepreneurial mind-set, be independent, self-starting, full of energy and curious.
- High proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel and Power Point is required.
- Be proficient at working autonomously yet be a strong and effective team contributor
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken) is required; German language fluency would be helpful, but is not required.