Safety and Quality Officer (m/f/d)
at our branch office in Rhoon
Ahrenkiel Steamship is a technical ship management company focusing mainly on container feeder tonnage. As a company that is part of the MPC Capital Group, Ahrenkiel Steamship offers its customers commercial management via Contchart, as well as investment management and access to the financial market via the MPC Capital Group. The MPC Capital Group is an internationally focused asset and investment manager of real asset investments and expert in providing institutional investors, family offices and other professional investors with superior niche investment solutions in real estate, infrastructure and shipping markets.
In 2018, Ahrenkiel Steamship opened a branch office near Rotterdam. In addition to our two existing fleet teams in Hamburg, we have successfully set up a third fleet team to manage our vessels. Due to our continued growth, we are establishing a fourth fleet team. Together we continually strive to supply efficient and high-quality ship management services to our customers. We will soon be managing 40 ships from our Dutch office. In our team we continually strive to supply efficient and high-quality ship management services to our customers.
As Safety and Quality Manager (m/f/d), you are responsible for overseeing operational vessel operations related to our Company Management System as well as international and national regulations and requirements.
- You ensure the continuous improvement of the documentation of the company’s management system.
- You identify operational risks and deviations, implement suitable corrective or preventive measures and check their effectiveness.
- You carry out internal audits independently; external audits or inspections are monitored according to the requirements of the flag state.
- You implement the Safety and Quality Policy and at the same time promote a perception of the quality standards and customer awareness within the company.
- You create statistics regarding risks and deviations.
- You also support the fleet with regard to risk management and anti-piracy measures.
- DPA/CSO for part of the fleet under management in the Netherlands
- You have completed relevant training (study or vocational training) and relevant professional experience in the S & Q sector or sailing experience (management level)
- In addition, you are ideally already certified as an Internal Auditor.
- In the scope of your previous activities you have already been able to demonstrate your strong intercultural competence in dealing with a wide variety of nationalities.
- Fluency in English is required
- You are organized and team-oriented
- You have a high degree of reliability and loyalty
- Good knowledge MS Office package
- This position requires you to be available for emergency response, even outside normal working hours.
- EU working entitlement is essential.