Director Stationary Battery Storage (m/f/d)
Making clean energy happen!
We are an ambitious, multinational team working with full determination and enthusiasm towards our shared vision: A sustainable future. We are conscious that the transition to clean energy is one of the most important and challenging topics. Together as a team, we work to achieve our goals with the necessary seriousness, professionalism, but also with a lot of fun.
Due to continued business expansion, we are looking for a Director Stationary Battery Storage (m/f/d) to grow our portfolio of battery energy storage projects across Latin America and the Caribbean. The position can be based either in Panama City or Bogotá and reports directly to the Managing Director for the region.
About the role:
The position requires strong technical expertise about battery technologies for coupled and decoupled stationary storage projects as well as strong commercial understanding of business models for different applications. In this cross-functional senior role you will be working together with Business Development team to identify, evaluate, develop, and secure new project opportunities, the Project Development and Construction team to respond to regional RFPs, auction processes or to create proprietary greenfield projects, as well as supporting the M&A team during the due diligence and assessment of ready to build or operational stationary storage projects in the region.
- Responsible for the build out of our BESS project portfolio
- Collaborate with Business Development, M&A and Project Development team to create and secure new business and project opportunities
- Review and assess business models, financial models, feasibility studies and other key commercial contracts such as PPA, EPC & O&M
- Collaborate in developing our technical and commercial requirements for utility scale battery energy storage projects
- Lead all technical and commercial studies relevant to realize BESS projects
- Lead relationship management with all relevant stakeholders
- Support and contribute to senior management and executive discussions and decisions on energy storage strategy and implementation
- Support the ESG and Sustainability Managers and ensure compliance with our Environmental and Social Management System and other relevant policies
- Identifying and mitigating risks associated with the development, construction, acquisition of BESS projects
- Develop internal BESS expertise among our teams
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience in the BESS sector
- Experience in coupled (hybrid) and decoupled (stand-alone) battery systems and technology
- Expertise in BESS business models and applications
- Strong technical understanding of technologies, management and control systems (EMS), energy modeling and simulations, as well as grid integration
- Strong commercial understanding of capital expenditures, operating expenses, replacement cycles and costs for BESS projects
- Established network to relevant stakeholders such as technology providers, suppliers, OEM, integrators etc.
- Familiarity with safety systems and standards
- Fluency in English and Spanish (both written and spoken)
- Willingness to frequently travel within Latin American incl. Caribbean
Welcome on board!
If you are interested in this varied and responsible position, please upload your application documents with your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date via the "Apply now" button.
About Energy Solutions:
MPC Energy Solutions is a global provider of sustainable energy and primarily focuses on low-carbon energy infrastructure, including solar and wind assets, and other hybrid and energy efficiency solutions. The company participates in full project lifecycle of renewable solutions, from early-stage development through construction and operation. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute your experience in a dynamic and multinational team, with the ability to take on responsibility matching your experience and initiative.
Working hours per week
6 - 10 Jahre
As of now
Panama City, Panama or Bogotá, Colombia