Fleet IT Specialist (m/f)
MPC Ferrostaal IT Services GmbH is the main IT service provider of the MPC Group. It supports more than 200 companies worldwide from various sectors such as financial services, shipping, plant construction and mechanical engineering as well as international trade. The tailor-made solutions and professional IT services range from IT infrastructure, telecommunications and user support to application management and individual software development. The main office is located in Hamburg, with branch office locations in Essen, Geisenheim and Dubai.
We are currently looking for new members to join our team at our office in Hamburg.
What makes your work special with us:
As a member of our Fleet IT Team, you are responsible for various IT systems on board our managed vessels. You will work as a project leader, account manager and supporter in a highly motivated team with many years of expertise in the maritime IT environment. The IT solutions developed in-house for the maritime industry are one of the most advanced in commercial shipping. Using our profound know-how within the team, we strive to pursue and establish new technological trends and strategies.
- Main contact person for the international crew on board the ships of our customers in all IT matters
- Analyzing, classifying and processing of incoming customer requests
- Independent troubleshooting (by telephone, remotely, by e-mail, on site and through on-call duty) for our worldwide operating vessels
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of hard- and software
- Support of satellite communication systems
- Support of ship-specific applications
- Optimization and development of our IT solutions in the maritime environment
- Support as well as managing of projects
- Successfully completed education in IT or equivalent qualifications acquired through work experience and off-the-job training
- Professional experience, especially in the area of Fleet IT is an advantage
- Profound knowledge of the Microsoft environment and the use of standard software
- In-depth knowledge of network technologies (TCP/IP)
- Ability to analyze complex issues, design pragmatic solutions and to implement them technically
- Very good communication skills and team spirit
- High level of flexibility
- Ability to find a good balance between customer, service and outcome orientation
- Ability to work in a responsible, structured and independent manner
- Due to the international orientation of the company, a good knowledge of written and spoken English and a sensitivity in dealing with different cultures are required.
What we can offer:
We offer an attractive job with exciting and diverse tasks, highly skilled colleagues, a motivated environment, strong growth and innovative IT solutions. Flexible working hours, an attractive salary including additional benefits such as a reduced HVV-Proficard and a subsidy to VWL, 30 days of vacation as well as an own canteen. Regular personnel development interviews are just as important to us as a leadership culture that stands for openness and regular feedback.