Marine Superintendent (m/f)
at our branch office in Rhoon
Ahrenkiel Steamship is a technical ship management company focusing mainly on container feeder tonnage. As a company that is part of the MPC Capital Group, Ahrenkiel Steamship offers its customers commercial management via Contchart, as well as investment management and access to the financial market via the MPC Capital Group. The MPC Capital Group is an internationally focused asset and investment manager of real asset investments and expert in providing institutional investors, family offices and other professional investors with superior niche investment solutions in real estate, infrastructure and shipping markets.
At the beginning of this year, we successfully opened a branch office near Rotterdam. In addition to our two existing fleet teams in Hamburg, we are setting up a team to manage our currently 68 vessels. By the end of the year we will be managing up to 40 ships from our Dutch office. In our team we continually strive to supply efficient and high-quality ship management services to our customers.
You are responsible for Safety, ISM as well as for the nautical management in our fleet team.
This includes in detail:
- Responsible for all nautical matters (loading condition, cargo, cargo securing, dangerous goods, weather forecast, ports, briefing and debriefing of master and chief mate, assessment of the master and nautical officers, deck and hull, mooring/anchor winches and ropes, loose lashing equipment, loading calculator, navigation equipment)
- Conducting internal audits and ISM / nautical inspections
- Examination and application for flag state documents
- Support fleet personnel in all nautical questions and situations
- Ensuring compliance with company quality standards
- Close cooperation with Technical, Purchasing & Crewing departments as well as the Chartering & Operations team
- Excellent communication skills and intercultural competence as well as the ability to interact and cooperate with various levels of clientele (on board and ashore)
- Extensive knowledge of applicable international and national codes, guidelines and standards such as ISM Code, ISPS Code, SOLAS, MARPOL etc.
- At least 3 years in a senior officer position on board
- Very good command of the English language (spoken and written)
- Excellent work organization and ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Good IT knowledge (Windows Office, GL ShipManager)
- Very good interpersonal skills as well as a reliable and loyal work ethic
- Positive attitude to challenges in a fast-moving and dynamic work environment
- Willingness to travel on a worldwide basis
- Fluency in English (Office language is English)
- Eligibility to work in the EU