Technical Assistant (m/f/d)
Ahrenkiel Steamship is a technical ship management company focusing mainly on container feeder tonnage. As a company that is part of the MPC Capital Group, Ahrenkiel Steamship offers its customers commercial management via Contchart, as well as investment management and access to the financial market via the MPC Capital Group. The MPC Capital Group is an internationally focused asset and investment manager of real asset investments and expert in providing institutional investors, family offices and other professional investors with superior niche investment solutions in real estate, infrastructure and shipping markets. Together we continually strive to supply efficient and high-quality ship management services to our customers.
We are currently looking for a Technical Assistant (m/f/d) to join our team at our office in Hamburg. This is a temporary position providing cover for a staff member who will be on maternity leave.
As part of our fleet team, your duties include:
- Administrative support of the technical department, especially in the processing of daily correspondence
- Travel planning for the superintendents as well as organizing meetings
- Review various information from policies, ship documents, certificates, and the Planned Maintenance system
- Preparation of documents for specific technical projects (for example, editing documents, compiling and distributing materials)
- You have completed commercial training in the shipping industry
- In addition, you have professional experience in ship management, preferably as a technical assistant
- You enjoy working independently, are well-organized and a team player
- We require very good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Expert knowledge of MS Office is essential