Tax Manager (m/f/d)
We are looking for a Tax Manager (m/f/d) for MPC Container Ships, to be based in Hamburg. In this position you will be responsible for the tax matters of the group and report directly to the CFO. Ideally, you will be available with a weekly working time of at least 20 hours.
- You will act as a contact and coordinator for tax advisors, auditors and the financial administration as well as an “interface” for internal tax matters and national and international issues.
- You identify potential tax risks and proactively initiate measures to mitigate these risks and en-sure compliance.
- You ensure compliance with all national and international tax regulations and laws, incl. the coordination of the timely preparation and filing of all required tax returns.
- You permanently monitor all tax developments and ensure that our company always complies with the applicable tax regulations.
- You provide support on strategic issues and projects with a focus on their tax assessment and optimization.
- You are responsible for the comprehensive tax support of group companies in Germany and abroad.
- You accompany tax audits in coordination with our external tax advisors.
- You have a degree in business administration, finance, law or a comparable qualification.
- A successfully completed tax advisor examination is desirable.
- You have experience in an international context, in particular in the areas of tax compliance, tax reporting, structuring of tax processes and risk management.
- You have experience in international tax matters as well as in structuring the tax function according to the requirements of an internationally operating company.
- You have practical experience in M&A, withholding taxes, transfer pricing and tax audits.
- You can demonstrate in-depth knowledge with regard to the tax treatment of partnerships and their accounting.
- You value open communication and have a strong team spirit.
- You are characterized by a thorough and efficient way of working as well as a high degree of trustworthiness and personal responsibility.
- Shipping experience is desirable but not mandatory.
- Business fluent written and spoken German and English round off your profile.
- An exciting position that you are also welcome to do part-time
- Flexible working hours, partly also working from home
- 30 days of vacation
- A KITA cooperation
- A bike leasing model
- An open, modern and collegial working atmosphere in a dynamic company
- A working environment in an international and exciting market characterized by challenging tasks
- Very good transport connections and a subsidized public transport ticket as well as free employee parking spaces
- Regular after-work events, summer party and Christmas party
Welcome on board!
If you are interested in this varying and challenging position, please upload your application with salary expectations and earliest possible starting date via the "Apply now" button.
Julia Ludolf will also be happy to answer any questions you may have in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About MPC Container Ships
MPC Container Ships ASA is a stock listed container shipping company based in Oslo, Norway, with offices in Hamburg, Germany, and Rhoon, The Netherlands. We own and operate one of the largest container fleets in the world specialized in serving intra-regional trade lanes. As a leading tonnage provider, we have become a preferred charter partner for international customers in a highly dynamic market environment.