Senior Technical Asset Manager (m/f/d) - Renewable Energy
Based in Panama City, Panama
MPC Capital is an international real asset and investment manager with a focus on three core segments: real estate, shipping and infrastructure. Together with its subsidiaries, MPC Capital develops and manages real asset investments for international institutional investors, family offices and professional investors. MPC Capital AG is listed on the stock exchange since 2000 employing a staff of approx. 300 people. The business unit Renewables focusses on the financial aspects of infrastructure and energy-related investments, particularly in the field of renewable energies.
MPC Capital is seeking to identify a highly motivated professional with a minimum five years relevant experience to be an integral member of the asset management team as a Senior Technical Asset Manager. The position is based in Panama City, Panama.
- Responsible for technical asset management of our renewable energy investments
- Manage and challenge local operator staff, O&M provider, and other technical service contractors to meet agreed quality, deadlines, operational efficiency and budgets
- Perform regular site visits and meetings with local stakeholders such as communities, regulators, off-taker, contractors, etc.
- Lead technical performance analysis to identify issues and implement technical optimization measures to improve operational efficiency
- Ensure compliance with applicable energy regulation, environmental laws, health and safety standards, permits, grid access etc. as well as with internal Environmental and Social Management System
- Diligent contract management and administration of key operational contracts such as PPA, O&M, insurance, land lease etc.
- Manage the monthly, quarterly and yearly asset management reporting and ensure relevant information flow to stakeholders such regulator, grid operator, off-taker, banks, environmental agencies etc.
- Support investment team during due diligence and acquisition of new assets
- Develop and implement operating strategy and manage on-boarding of newly acquired assets
- Maintain and enhance the risk monitoring and register in place
- Facilitate innovation and drive the digitalization incl. software, tools and new approaches
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in technical asset management in the renewable energy sector with profound techno-commercial understanding of key technologies and the energy market.
- Qualification in electrical, civil or mechanical engineering
- Regulatory knowledge of the electricity sector, both for large-scale projects and distributed generation projects
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- You’ll need to have an entrepreneurial mind-set, be independent, self-starting, full of energy and curious.
- High proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel and Power Point is required.
- Be proficient at working autonomously yet be a strong and effective team contributor
- Fluency in English and Spanish (both written and spoken) is required