Research Analyst (m/f/d) - Shipping
MPC Capital is an international real asset and investment manager with a focus on three core segments: real estate, shipping and infrastructure. The company develops and manages real asset investments for international institutional investors, family offices and professional investors.
We are looking for a Research Analyst (m/f/d) to join our team at our location in Hamburg as soon as possible.
For the teams within our Shipping segment it is essential to always be up to date on current market developments and trends to ensure a profound basis for decision-making. As part of our research team, you will have the opportunity to participate in interesting analyses of the shipping market and to actively contribute your ideas. We offer a flexible work environment based on our mobile work policy as well as various attractive benefits (e.g. HVV ProfiTicket, 30 holidays).
- Extensive research on developments in the shipping market and general market changes globally (e.g. charter rates and trade flows) including data analysis and the evaluation of various publications
- Writing market reports and research publications to show trends and interdependencies in the global shipping market
- Preparing presentations for management and investors using different tools (MS Power Point, Think Cell, Power BI)
- Further developing the use of social media channels with regard to research and publication of market information
- Creating and distributing a daily newsletter on relevant market trends
- Data research and maintenance in a future-oriented cloud database (Power BI) and further development of the database
- Active involvement in projects
- Successfully completed studies with a Shipping / Maritime related degree or training as Shipping clerk
- Alternatively, you have a degree in Economics with a focus on statistics or international trade
- Strong interest in the shipping industry and experience in data analysis
- Good command of English, both written and spoken
- High affinity towards IT tools and data management, knowledge of shipping databases is advantageous
- Good command of Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong analytical skills as well as a detail-oriented way of working
If you want to face new challenges with us, please send your application documents including your salary expectation and your earliest possible starting date to Marie-Isabel Lewrenz. We look forward to receiving your documents.