Group Controller (m/f/d)
MPC Container Ships ASA is a market leading container ship company, registered and headquartered in Oslo, Norway. We specialize in serving intra-regional trade lanes, owning and operating one of the largest container fleets worldwide. As a leading tonnage provider, we have become a preferred chartering partner for international clients in a highly dynamic market environment.
We are a growth-oriented and agile company with long-term roots in the shipping industry, providing a professional and positive workplace with an attractive working environment. The company was listed on Oslo Børs in 2017 and is today amongst the 25 shares in the OBX index with a market cap of NOK 12bn.
We are looking for a Group Controller (m/f/d) for our Head Office in Oslo, starting as soon as possible. As a Group Controller you will take over responsibility within our small Group Accounting team for the consolidation and reporting of the financial statements. The role reports to our Head of Group Finance & Accounting. We are located in new premises in Via Vika, Oslo.
- Actively participate in the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of the group financial statements
- Contribute to period consolidations
- Working with the team to implement the group’s IFRS accounting policies
- Monthly reconciliations of balances and intercompany positions
- Coordinate and support the external audit process
- Work on monthly management reporting
You are a diligent person that works proactively and independently. You are motivated to work in a hectic and demanding environment and have a strong interest in corporate finance.
- Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least 4 years’ relevant work experience
- Experience with accounting, group reporting, consolidation and/or audits of a stock-listed company
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills, with high proficiency in Microsoft applications, particularly Excel
- A team player by nature, but also able to structure your own work and take responsibility for your deliveries
- Good communication skills in English, including preparing reports and presentations
- Challenging tasks in an international company with an asset-heavy business model and a long-term as well as shareholder-value oriented strategy
- Competent and exciting work environment with highly motivated colleagues and a very dynamic company
- Competitive terms and compensation package
If you want to face new challenges with us, please upload your application documents including your salary expectation and your earliest possible starting date through this website. Please feel free to contact Juliane Lehmann if you have any questions. We look forward to receiving your documents!