Future Fuels and Decarbonization Manager (m/f/d)
HARPER PETERSEN offers a wide range of shipbroking and commercial chartering services of container vessels of all different sizes. Harper Petersen is located in Hamburg, Germany, with branch offices in Shanghai, The Netherlands and Singapore. The company is a Joint Venture of MPC Capital AG in Hamburg and the Zech Group, which in 2019 merged their activities in shipbroking, chartering and commercial ship management under the traditional shipbroker brand name.
To support us and all our customers on an ambitious journey to decarbonize our fleet, we are looking for a Future Fuels and Decarbonization Manager (m/f/d) interested in deploying and expanding deep knowledge in an ever changing sector, based in our offices in Hamburg.
The maritime energy transition is one of the broadest challenges in our industry and has already started to open up countless opportunities for the forward-looking and entrepreneurial minds. With deep roots and a long history in shipping, Harper Petersen has committed rising to this challenge by helping its clients to safely navigate through regulatory frameworks, sustainable marine fuel procurement strategies and implementing decarbonization pathways.
- Building up and continuously expanding the service portfolio
- Offering consultancy services to the Harper Petersen stakeholders, customers and beyond
- Building up knowledge and staying ahead of all relevant regulatory and reporting matters
- Active interaction with related companies and the group’s secondee to the Maersk McKinney Moller Center for Zero Carbon Shipping
- Ongoing relationship management with clients, business partners and consultants
- Assessment and rating of potential fuel suppliers and project developments
- Collaboration with sustainable fuel producers and traders
- Participating in conferences and actively representing the group’s activities
- University degree in the field of chemical engineering, biochemistry or similar relevant studies
- 5 to 10 years of relevant professional experience in connection with fuels
- Experience with emerging alternative fuels
- Expertise about key technical systems, particularly propulsion and energy generation systems
- Sound knowledge about relevant existing (national and international) environmental regulations and related reporting frameworks
- Strong project management skills with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
- Willingness to open up new areas of knowledge
- Entrepreneurial mind-set and ability to think in business models
- An exciting assignment in an international environment
- The opportunity to work in ambitious, international and open-minded teams
- Space for your individual professional development
- Numerous company benefits, such as 30 days of vacation and vacation pay, a subsidized HVV ProfiTicket, working in part remotely, child-care cooperation, capital-forming benefits, a bicycle leasing model and other many more!
You will have the opportunity to actively shape the companies new business segment with a steep learning curve, leeway for developing own ideas and testing creative solutions.
If you are interested in this varied and responsible position, please upload your application documents with salary requirements and earliest possible start date on our homepage. Ms. Lehmann will also be happy to answer your questions in advance at +49 (0) 40 380 22 - 4694.