Fleet Manager (m/f/d) at our branch office near Rotterdam due to the expansion of the fleet
Ahrenkiel Steamship is a technical ship management company focusing mainly on container feeder tonnage. As a company that is part of the MPC Capital Group, Ahrenkiel Steamship offers its customers commercial management via Contchart, as well as investment management and access to the financial market via the MPC Capital Group. The MPC Capital Group is an internationally focused asset and investment manager of real asset investments and expert in providing institutional investors, family offices and other professional investors with superior niche investment solutions in real estate, infrastructure and shipping markets.
In 2018, Ahrenkiel Steamship opened a branch office near Rotterdam. In addition to our two existing fleet teams in Hamburg, we have successfully set up a third fleet team to manage our vessels. Due to our continued growth, we are establishing a fourth fleet team. Together we continually strive to supply efficient and high-quality ship management services to our customers.
As Fleet Manager, you are responsible for the technical ship management of a fleet of container vessels.
Your duties include:
- Monitoring technical performance of the fleet
- Ensuring that the vessels are efficiently operated in compliance with all relevant regulations and industry standards
- Budget initiation, planning, constructing and monitoring
- Finalizing vessels OPEX and dry dock budgets
- Leading a team of superintendents and deputies and reporting directly to the General Manager
Reporting to owners and third parties
Project execution and project management
Claim construction and co-ordination with our insurance department
Working on potential new business and continuous improvement of the fleet performance
- Experience as Chief Engineer are an advantage for this position, as well as having a minimum of 3 years of experience as Technical Superintendent or a similar position in the ship management
- Comprehensive knowledge of the relevant regulations and industry standards is required
- You should be familiar with ISO 9001 and 14001 management systems
- You should have strong leadership skills as you will be managing a team of superintendents and assistants, providing mentoring and professional support to achieve a high standard performance
- You should be fluent in English; Dutch and German are an advantage
- You should be familiar with Microsoft Office systems and computerized planned maintenance systems