Director Project Development (m/f/d) – Renewable Energy
Making clean energy happen!
We are an ambitious, multinational team working with full determination and enthusiasm towards our shared vision: A sustainable future. We are conscious that the transition to clean energy is one of the most important and challenging topics. Together as a team, we work to achieve our goals with the necessary seriousness, professionalism, but also with a lot of fun.
Due to continued business expansion, we are looking for a Director Project Development (m/f/d) – Renewable Energy to grow our portfolio of renewable energy projects in Latin America. The position will be based in Panama City and reports directly to the Managing Director for the region.
- Responsible for the origination of renewable energy project development such as solar PV, wind power, battery storage or energy efficiency across Latin America, with special focus on Central America and the Caribbean
- Identify greenfield and medium stage project development opportunities
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with key local stakeholders in the renewable energy market
- Prepare budgets, reports and schedules for the development of projects
- Lead all permitting activities for the projects and ensure compliance with internal ESG policies
- Take the project to a ready-to-build stage
- Participate in meetings with different stakeholders, e.g. such as land owners, communities, and authorities
- Supervise and coordinate technical advisors, local subcontractors, etc
- Visit the sites and evaluate the local conditions based on relevant engineering criteria
- Collaborate with local authorities in order to obtain sectoral permits and comply with mandatory procedures
- Represent the company at relevant events/meetings
- Collaborate with the Commercial (PPA), Construction, Investment and Asset Management teams within MPC Energy Solutions
- Collaborate with the PPA originator to participate in Energy Auctions
You fit best with us if…
- you have a minimum of six years relevant work experience in the renewable energy market
- you have educational qualification in electrical engineering, alternatively civil or mechanical engineering with specialization in electrical energy
- you have a regulatory knowledge of the electricity sector, both for large-scale projects and distributed generation projects
- you have profound knowledge of project development and legal requirements in order to take a project to a ready-to-build stage
- you have an entrepreneurial and ambitious mindset and ability to actively drive projects to completion
- you established a network to relevant stakeholders such as technology providers, suppliers, OEM, integrators etc.
- you are fluent in English and Spanish (both written and spoken)
- you are willing to travel within Latin American frequently
Welcome on board!
If you are interested in this varied and responsible position, please upload your application documents with your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date via the "Apply now" button.
Hanna Steeneck is also available to answer any questions you may have in advance at +49 (0) 40 380 22 - 4696.
About MPC Energy Solutions
MPC Energy Solutions is a global provider of sustainable energy and primarily focuses on low-carbon energy infrastructure, including solar and wind assets, and other hybrid and energy efficiency solutions. The company participates in full project lifecycle of renewable solutions, from early-stage development through construction and operation. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute your experience in a dynamic and multinational team, with the ability to take on responsibility matching your experience and initiative.