Director Operations (m/f/d) - Renewable Energy
based in Panama City, Panama or Bogotá, Colombia
Making clean energy happen!
We are an ambitious, multinational team working with full determination and enthusiasm towards our shared vision: A sustainable future. We are conscious that the transition to clean energy is one of the most important and challenging topics. Together as a team, we work to achieve our goals with the necessary seriousness, professionalism, but also with a lot of fun.
Due to continued business expansion, we are looking for a Director Operations (m/f/d) - Renewable Energy to join our team as soon as possible. The position can be based either in Panama City or Bogotá and reports directly to the Managing Director for the region.
- Develop and execute O&M strategy and roadmap for Latin America and Caribbean
- Develop, implement and improve O&M processes, tools and contracts
- Build, organize and supervise regional/local O&M teams
- Set goals and measure performance, with focus on resource optimization and risk management
- Support implementation of data-driven digital O&M monitoring and warehouse management
- Ensure proper connection and operation of monitoring systems to gather data on plant performance
- Analyze field data and identify opportunities for operational improvements in existing plants
- Develop and implement predictive monitoring capabilities
- Supervise and evaluate external O&M contractors and identify claim potential towards third parties
- Support testing and commissioning activities of new plants
- Spare part planning and management, with support from HQ (procurement and logistics)
- Ensure compliance with operational and H&S standards
- Deliver appropriate support and data to ISO-compliant operations and regulatory audits
- Ensure regulatory compliance under applicable federal, regional, and local entity requirements
You´re a perfect fit if…
- You have a minimum of ten (10) years relevant work experience in Technical Asset Management and/or O&M, with at least 5 years in a leadership role
- You have experience working in Latin America and the Caribbean
- You have completed a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in electrical or mechanical engineering
- You are well-organized and you have excellent analytical skills
- You are fluent in English and Spanish (both written and spoken)
- You are willing to travel within Latin American incl. Caribbean on a regular basis
We offer you an exciting assignment in an international environment and the opportunity to work in a future-oriented, dynamically growing industry.
Welcome on board!
If you are interested in this varied and responsible position, please upload your application documents with your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date via the "Apply now" button.
About MPC Energy Solutions
MPC Energy Solutions is a global provider of sustainable energy and primarily focuses on low-carbon energy infrastructure, including solar and wind assets, and other hybrid and energy efficiency solutions. The company participates in full project lifecycle of renewable solutions, from early-stage development through construction and operation. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute your experience in a dynamic and multinational team, with the ability to take on responsibility matching your experience and initiative.
Working hours per week
more than 10 years
As of now
Panama City, Panama or Bogotá, Colombia