Office Assistant (m/f)
at our branch office in Rhoon
Ahrenkiel Steamship is a technical ship management company focusing mainly on container feeder tonnage. As a company that is part of the MPC Capital Group, Ahrenkiel Steamship offers its customers commercial management via Contchart, as well as investment management and access to the financial market via the MPC Capital Group. The MPC Capital Group is an internationally focused asset and investment manager of real asset investments and expert in providing institutional investors, family offices and other professional investors with superior niche investment solutions in real estate, infrastructure and shipping markets.
At the beginning of this year, we successfully opened a branch office near Rotterdam. In addition to our two existing fleet teams in Hamburg, we are setting up a team to manage our currently 68 vessels. By the end of the year we will be managing up to 40 ships from our Dutch office. In our team we continually strive to supply efficient and high-quality ship management services to our customers.
You are responsible for assisting our team and the general manager of our Rhoon office in all kinds of administrative tasks and helping them to perform at their best. We offer you lots of room for development and encourage you to shape the job according to your personal profile.
This includes in detail i.e.:
- Coordinating different service providers for our Dutch entity
- Any assignments given by the General Manager
- Payroll support and auditing of accounts
- Smooth travel organization and invoice verification
- Administration and maintenance of the personnel database as well as personnel file management and filing, in cooperation with the HR department in Hamburg
- Work with executive administrative team to create presentation information for meetings
- Prepare the conference rooms for staff meetings
- Interface to Hamburg office to align processes and procedures
- Professional experience as an assistant (ideally in shipping or in personnel support)
- You recognize needs and possibilities for improvement and have a hands-on mentality to take care of them
- You have pronounced intercultural competence in dealing with our international team
- You are highly organized and team-oriented
- You have a high degree of reliability and loyalty
- Very good knowledge MS Office package
- Very good written and spoken English is a prerequisite