at our branch office near Rotterdam
Ahrenkiel Steamship is a technical ship management company focusing mainly on container feeder tonnage. As a company that is part of the MPC Capital Group, Ahrenkiel Steamship offers its customers commercial management via Contchart, as well as investment management and access to the financial market via the MPC Capital Group. The MPC Capital Group is an internationally focused asset and investment manager of real asset investments and expert in providing institutional investors, family offices and other professional investors with superior niche investment solutions in real estate, infrastructure and shipping markets.
In 2018, Ahrenkiel Steamship is opening a branch office near Rotterdam. In addition to our two existing fleet teams in Hamburg, we are setting up a third fleet team to manage our vessels. Together we continually strive to supply efficient and high-quality ship management services to our customers.
Working closely with the technical inspectors, you are responsible for ordering materials and services for ship operations from soliciting to delivery on board worldwide.
Your tasks include:
- Purchasing spare parts and consumables
- Organization, coordination and monitoring of worldwide supplies of spare parts and consumables to the fleet
- Monitoring and processing of invoices
- Conduct briefings of officers
- Monitoring the on-board inventories
- You have successfully completed a training in shipping, foreign trade or similar
- You have at least 2-3 years professional experience in technical purchasing, ideally in the shipping industry
- We require very good command of spoken and written English
- You enjoy working independently and have a strong organizational talent, but also bring your knowledge and constructive into our experienced and motivated purchasing team
- We require a very good knowledge of MS Office
- EU working entitlement is essential